Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited (“WHC“) is a wholly-owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
The Respiratory & Meningeal Pathogens Research Unit (RMPRU) was established in 1997, with an original research mandate to investigate pneumococcal diseases at the molecular, epidemiological, clinical and pharmacological levels.
Over time, the Unit has evolved to include investigating the clinical and molecular epidemiology of other bacteria and respiratory viruses that are associated with pneumonia and meningitis. Also, the Unit has established itself to be a premier clinical trial facility for vaccine and training platforms for post-graduate students.
Main purpose of the job
- To manage and lead the clinical trial team and research activities and to provide health care to patients participating in clinical trials according to study protocols
- RMPRU, New Nurses Home, Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, Soweto
Key performance areas
- Plan, implement and complete the clinical research activities for the clinical trials in accordance with Good Clinical Practice and Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform study-related procedures, blood draws and nasopharyngeal aspirates/swabs on infants, young children and adults including pregnant woman
- Strategic review and management of clinical trials i.e. devising systems and processes to ensure effective and efficient study conduct
- SAE and Endpoint data reporting
- Quality assurance of the study file source data, i.e. clinical source notes and CRF’s
- Staff Management and training
- Writing of protocols and submissions to Ethics committee
Required minimum education and training
- MBChB/MBBCh degree
Professional Body Registration
- Medical Protection Society membership
Required minimum work experience
- Completed community service, at least 6 months in paediatrics unit
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Clinical trials experience, including protocol development, IRB Submissions, Trial planning and set-up
- Good Clinical Practice
- Computer literacy in MS Word and MS Excel
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Attention to Detail, Motivated, Organised, Friendly, Professional
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online on AJ Personnel’s website: www.ajpersonnel.co.za
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 08 October 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.