Professional Nurses x 16 (2 Months FTC) vacancies are available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium in Soweto – Johannesburg.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited (“WHC”) is a wholly-owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition, WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
Main purpose of the job
- Team leaders are responsible for supervising the team leaders in their respective districts
- They have overall oversight of all survey activities in their districts and ensuring timely and accurate data collection and other field logistics according to standard operating procedures
- VIDA, New Nurses Home, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Soweto
Key performance areas
- Manage all field teams in their respective districts
- Manage all field logistics including staff training
- Address all survey logistics for the field teams in her/his district
- Verify household addresses and ensuring that all maps and address lists are correct
- Allocate targets to the teams in her/his district and monitor progress
- Ensure that field teams in her/his district meet their data collection targets
- Approve the release of supplies and consumables to field teams
- Support and supervise the team leads in their district
- Monitor the dashboards to ensure all completed electronic questionnaires are submitted for each completed participant interview.
- Flag inconsistencies in the data captured (e.g. date of birth out of range)
- Provide daily reports and weekly reports and feedback to the provincial coordinator
- Any other required duties in line with job requirements
Required minimum education and training
- Diploma in General Nursing
Professional Body Registration
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC)
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public health
- Good understanding of quality improvement systems, monitoring and evaluation, ordered and systematic in approach to tasks
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making
- Able to prioritize own workload and work towards deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to speak other African languages
- Computer literacy
- Willingness to work extended hours and travel locally
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 09 October 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position